Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 Things That Make Me Terribly Happy


1. falling asleep on a warm Paris night, looking at the full moon through the open window
2. heavy rain
3. waking up in Hawaii
4. belonging
5. my hair after a day at the beach
6. making funnies with my friends
7. the new and tiny voice of my 14-month old niece
8. the sound of someone watering their garden on a steamy summer's eve, just before the sun starts setting
9. Himalayan Newts
10. floating on my back, looking at the cloud-spotted sky {interrupted by the occasional palm-tree}, being spun around by the circling current of the whirlpool

{the picture above is of myself and my friends during a Dutch version of Halloween. We were 4 years old at the time. I was obsessed with brides when I was little, so my mother made me a wedding dress. The girl in the pink is Quirine and the yellow one, Belle from Beauty & the Beast, is Nanna. It's now 18 years later, we are still best friends.}

1 comment:

  1. "8. the sound of someone watering their garden on a steamy summer's eve, just before the sun starts setting."

    Simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete