Saturday, July 18, 2009

Carnival in Paris







This summer I went on a mini-vacation by myself for the first time. Even though I moved to New York when I was 18 and have lived here alone for the past 3 years, going on this 3-day trip to Paris by my lonesome was terrifying. When I woke up on the morning of the trip I desperately wanted to either cancel it all or ask my mother to come with. However, I decided to be brave and face Paris a seule. It was fantastic, of course. It was probably one of the best things I have ever done. I saw everything I wanted to see. I even spent a day at Chateau de Versailles. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting the pictures of my Parisian experience on this page.

Today's pictures are of the carnival at Jardins des Tuileries. There was this beautiful, vintage-looking ferris wheel. I absolutely had to go on it. So I paid the 6 euro fee and went on. The view was stunning. I could see everything, from the Eiffel Tower to Montmartre. This was probably the most beautiful and quiet carnival I have ever been to. There was hardly anyone there, the rides were old-fashioned and the snacks were delicious, all in all quite perfect. I wish I could go back.

1 comment:

  1. I wished I could have been there with you, especially Versailles! luv mum xxx

    ReplyDelete